Welcome to the Delhi International Leather Expo (DILEX)
The Council of Leather Exports of India (CLE) is organising the first DILEX RBSM in September. In a view to boost Indian Leather Products Exports, the RBSM-New Delhi will be focused only on Finished Products viz different categories of footwear, leather garments, leather goods & accessories, leather gloves, etc. The two-day event will have a participation of around 60 Indian Manufacturer-Exporters of Indian Leather Products displaying all types of Footwear & Components (Uppers), Apparels, Goods & Accessories, Gloves, etc. One-to-One business meetings will be arranged between the Indian participating companies and Overseas Buyers/importers. For Further details please visit RBSM Details.
DILEX - RBSM
Organised on 28th & 29 September 2018, in the National Capital Region of Delhi. Venue: The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences. Please visit venue details and nearby places below.
Indian Leather Industry – An Overview
Leather Industry is one of the focus sectors under ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India. The Leather Industry holds a prominent place in the Indian economy. This sector is known for its consistency in high export earnings and it is among the top ten foreign exchange earners for the Country. India is the second largest exporter of leather garments and second largest producer of footwear. Likewise, India is the 5th largest exporters of leather goods and accessories. The Indian Leather industry is bestowed with an affluence of raw materials as India is endowed with 20% of world cattle & buffalo and 11% of world goat & sheep population. The leather industry is an employment intensive sector, providing employment to about 3.09 million people, mostly from the weaker sections of the society. Women employment is predominant in leather products sector with about 30% share.
Council for Leather Exports (CLE)
About Council for Leather Exports (CLE)
The Council for Leather Exports (CLE) is the largest nonprofit export promotion organization of the strong and rapidly growing Indian leather & leather products industry. CLE is committed towards the overall development of Indian leather sector and achieve higher export growth to enhance India’s share in global leather trade. CLE is functioning under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India. It is the notified Export Promotion Organization for entire leather & leather products industry.
Core Objectives of CLE:
- Develop & strengthen the leather industry both industrial development as well as export growth.
- Undertake concerted and aggressive export promotion and market development activities to extend global reach of Indian leather & leather products.
- Assist importers anywhere in the world towards their sourcing needs of Indian leather & leather products.
- Provide necessary assistance/guidance to overseas entrepreneurs in establishing business collaborations and strategic alliances with Indian companies.
- Serve as a vital link between the Government and the leather industry, representing important policy measures, focusing on overall health and growth of the entire sector.
Activities and Services of CLE
- Disseminating market information, trends, policy matters and publishing information on commercial, technical and technological developments in the Indian leather industry
- Facilitating export-import trade through redressal of various procedural hurdles by representing to authorities concerned.
- Participating in major international leather trade fairs & specialized trade shows across the globe.
- Organizing Buyer-Seller Meets and Mega Leather Shows, B2B meetings in potential markets etc.,
- Promoting, facilitating & attracting joint ventures, technical collaborations & strategic alliances, FDIs etc into the Indian leather sector.
- Inviting Resource persons / Experts to the trade Fairs, Seminars & Workshops held in India, for exchange of information, knowledge, ideas and strategies.
- Mooting Delegations to overseas countries with a view to identify the sources for raw materials for augmenting availability of leather for production in India.
- Perform facilitation and coordination activities towards implementation of various leather sector infrastructure strengthening, Human Resource Development programmes of Government of India.
- Facilitate in availing assistance under Integrated Development of Leather Sector (IDLS) for Modernization & Technology up gradation of production units
Mr. Mukhtarul Amin
Mr. P R Aqeel Ahmed
Mr. R. Selvam IAS
Mr. Puran Dawar
Mr. Subash Kapoor
Mr. Anil K. Sondhi
Mr. Sanjay Leekha
Mr. Sunil Harjai
Mr. Sushil Singla
Mr. Moti Lal Sethi
Please watch this section for updates.
Please watch this sections for updates
Please watch this sections for updates
Reverse Buyer Seller Meet
Indian Leather Products
The Delhi International Leather Expo, is a two day event organised by CLE, to boost the exports of the Indian leather products sector.
Highlights of RBSM
- The BSM will be a Two-Day Event – 28th & 29th September, 2018 (9.00 am to 6.00 pm).
- The BSM will be held in Leela Ambience Hotel & Residences, Gurugram, NCT of Delhi, India
- One-to-One business meetings will be arranged between the Indian participating companies and Overseas Buyers/importers.
The BSM will have a participation of around 50 leading Indian Manufacturer-Exporters of Leather Products; displaying all types of Footwear, Footwear Components (Uppers), Leather Apparels, Leather Goods & Accessories, Leather Gloves, etc.
Please refer to the following for questions. Please contact us if your question is not listed below.
Even though a car will be available to pick you up from the airport, if you decide to explore the city or nearby places; please visit the venue page on the website, nearby places are listed there, also, the directions back to the hotel.
The agenda is listed under schedule. We have outlined the agenda details day wise.
Hospitality Package for Overseas Buyers
- To and fro economy excursion class air tickets subject to ceiling
- Three nights stay with breakfast in five star hotel
- Airport transfers
- Lunch and dinner in the venue
- Recommendation letters, for facilitating issue of visa.
To register for the event, or any other queries please fill the form below, or contact us